Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

INTERNET MADNESS

I'm writing this post because of something that is starting to annoy me and bother me in a concerned way.

First of all, I was on facebook and I saw a status message by a person who was apparently in my friends list. The status said "three things I don't like-buck ppl, black ppl and coolie ppl." Now my contention is why would someone say something like that on a social networking site? Especially when they had friends of the same race?
Well you better believe it, I deleted him because I feel people's friends mirror who they really are and I am not prepared to be accused of being racist or any such thing.

I'm starting to feel that not only are we vulnerable to increased cyber crimes but also an invasion of people who are bigoted and use the internet to spread their vile attitude.

Yes in Guyana there is increased internet use but do you think all of the people using the internet are using it responsibly?

I would love to hear your feedback.
Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel

No comments:

Post a Comment