Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

JOURNALISM ETHICS VS HUMAN BEING


 Sometimes being sad as a Journalist may be something new to some persons but like other human beings, we're not superhuman but just condition our minds to deal with incidents we come across in our day to day duties. Thinking of this logic, a question comes to my mind in regards to ethics in this profession. It is required of you to be a professional at all times but what happens when you come across a child who has been killed inhumanely and you can't comfort the mother? Do act as a member of society or do you just put on your straight face and go one with your work?

I tend to get very emotional about certain instances. For example the Lusignan Massacre three years ago. Five children fast asleep, innocent as babes, killed in a instant. It haunts me to think how cold some people have become. It baffles me as to why a man would shoot a mother of two children in her sleep and when her children awake and run to her aid, they are shot about the body. Sad times indeed but how can we Journalists help the situation? Sometimes I feel my work has no impact but it is still my duty to write for other persons to see the story through my eyes.

http://65.175.77.34/guyanatimes/epapermain.aspx- page 13 (copy and paste link in browser to read story)

No comments:

Post a Comment